Career Level Manager
FRS-UK are working with a fast-growing start-up who actively recruiting for a Senior Electronics Engineering to join their team.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will take a crucial role in developing products for use in a commercial kitchen environment. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining new and existing hardware design.
You will have the opportunity to:
* Create and agree a product development plan with the team leader and then own and follow the plan
* Provide support to production and systems integration teams, off-site suppliers and customers
* Take a lead in managing and engaging stakeholders
* Mentoring and coaching colleagues, supporting them with their development
* Supervise the completion of detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function
* Provide cover for the team leader as and when requested
* Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test, prototypes, manufacture and implement), handling and defining missing or vague requirements, exploring design limits, gaining opinions and proposing solutions
* Design, develop and review of digital and analogue circuits, including embedded microcontrollers, motor control, analogue conditioning and communications.
* Integrate complete prototypes with larger systems, specifying enclosures, wiring and connectors.
* Investigate product failures to understand cause and identity any necessary actions.
* Mentor and coach Electronics Engineers within your team
Key skills & qualifications
* A degree in an engineering subject, such as electronics (or demonstrable work experience providing equivalent depth and breadth of knowledge and competency)
* Significant hands-on industry experience working on the development of production-ready systems and design of multi-layer PCB’s (and PCB stack-up design)
* Experience in the design of embedded processors, sensors and interfacing electronics and of optimising circuit design for ease of manufacture and production test, component design to maximise efficiency, package density and reliability
* Strong experience in developing and testing electronics hardware with hardware jigs and bring-up, debug, validation will be key as will your expertise using lab test equipment
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Competent at writing documentation such as Requirement Specifications, Hardware Design, Test Specification and Test Reports as well as using CAD and simulation tools.
* Excellent understanding of production testing and product reliability on an end-to-end scale and design to best practices in terms of EMC, thermal management and product reliability
* High attention to detail
It would also be a bonus if you were familiar with:
* Altium Designer
* Working in a start-up environment
* Effective stakeholder management
* Working with third party compliance testing facilities
* Supervising, mentoring and coaching others and developing a team
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that are offering a highly competitive salary, progression, great benefits and a long-term future