Career Level Manager
Senior Food Technologist
£38,000 – £40,000
Job ref: 8158
The company’s mission is to provide truly sustainable food that supports people, places, and the planet.
They are looking to grow their dedicated team, with a like-minded individual who can share their ethos.
About the Senior Food Technologist job
You will be responsible for providing technical support and the approval of new suppliers by coordinating, collating, and filing all due diligence documentation.
You will also support the management of the Food Safety Quality Management System including HACCP to ensure the business is legally compliant.
* Maintain the Approved Supplier List, ensuring up-to-date supplier approval questionnaires, product specifications, and certifications are held on file.
* Monitor supplier performance by raising and closing supplier non-conformances and complaints.
* Complete customer food safety questionnaires and other requests for documentation.
* Complete all customer specifications.
* Support both the preparation and during customer visits and third-party audits such as Demeter & BRC.
* Ensure that full traceability is maintained throughout the whole operation.
* Close actions raised by GMP monthly audit by liaising with different departments.
* Assist in label creation, NPD, and product launches.
Skills & experience required for the Senior Food Technologist job
* Strong technical track record in the food production industry.
* Ideally educated to a degree level in food science, food technology, food safety, or a related subject.
* Awareness of BRC and audit processes and standards.
* Experience working with food retailers or wholesalers.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Strong numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
The Senior Food Technologist job is based in West London and is paying £38,000 – £40,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Senior Food Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Supervisor | Technical Team Leader | Technical Administrator | Technical Coordinator | Technical Information Officer | Food Industry Technical Jobs | Specifications Technologist