Job ID 1218177
Career Level Manager
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – (Building Services)
£45k – £60k – Dependent on Experience
London City – Hybrid Working
Building Services / MEP / Design Engineer / Consultancy / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
This role is to join the building services team of an established multi-disciplined consultancy.
They provide a comprehensive, customised design and construction service with strong emphasis on sustainability and imaginative design as well as effective contract management. They have excellent long lasting business relationships with their clients and their areas of expertise include retail, commercial, residential and healthcare sectors.
* Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables.
* Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
* Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
* Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant.
* Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
* Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
* Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
* As Project Leader, manage staff working on your particular projects with effective control of assisting engineers.
Required Experience & Qualifications
* Minimum 5 year’s experience of Mechanical building services design
* Ideally membership of a professional engineering body (Chartered Engineer)
* Good understanding of both M&E disciplines
* Consultancy background.
* Excellent communication/presentation skills.
* Understand client requirements/objectives.
* Willingness to further develop management skills