Career Level Manager
About the Client: Our client is the nation’s leading housebuilder, creating great new homes to live in throughout the UK. Their vision is to lead the future of housebuilding by putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
About the role: Responsible to the Contracts Manager you will manage the construction of a development, including all associated pre and post housebuilding works, ensuring that targets are met regarding health and safety, delivery to build programme quality, customer care, and cost.
About the Responsibilities:
What you will do:
* Ensuring compliance on site at all times to the company health and safety standards and processes, NHBC standards, building regulations, and overall quality standards.
* Liaising proactively with other internal departments, externals suppliers and partners to ensure the build programme is achieved.
* Manage material levels on larger site to ensure the minimum amount of stock, but enough to ensure the site programme is met and all labour is efficiently employed.
* Working with sales through regular sales/build meetings to ensure a smooth and controlled delivery of homes for customers.
* Monitoring and controlling the cost of production, and approving payment to contractors and trades where appropriate.
* Undertaking company directed quality control procedures and inspections at the correct timings, and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, time delays to the programme, or reduction in the final quality.
* Showing a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.
What you will have:
* Extensive experience of working to an established build programme and managing key priorities on some challenging sites.
* Proven ability to consistently deliver weekly targets through proactive organisation of the labour force, and promoting a team working ethic.
* Ability to prioritise tasks proactively to anticipate and meet changing business needs.
* A thorough knowledge and well-rounded experience of dealing with customers and potential customers in all aspects, such as the giving of information and advice, resolving any customer issues, confirming company procedures etc.
* In depth knowledge of all aspects of construction and housebuilding, and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. health and safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
* Ability to demonstrate a strong problem-solving ethic, and the ability to get to the route cause of a problem