Career Level Manager
Are you an experienced Senior Strategic Buyer with experience within new product introduction?
Do you have experience sourcing, negotiating, implementing, and administering long-term supply agreements within a manufacturing organisation?
Do you have experience collaborating closely with both legacy operations and procurement teams as well as new international suppliers?
Would you like to develop a purchasing career within a fast-growing aerospace and defence manufacturing organisation?
If so, this could be the right role for you………………
The role and responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Buyer are;
* Be responsible for sourcing to support new business, research, and design projects
* Utilise cost effect, fit for purpose sources of supply in line with the company sourcing strategy
* Source, negotiate, implement and administer long term supply agreements
* Develop and implement competitive sourcing strategies for new business opportunities
* Negotiate supplier contracts and agreements to protect the company’s commercial interests
* Be involved in and contribute to global procurement directives and strategies
* Calculate, track and measure results to drive continuous improvement and recognise true cost of direct and indirect procurement
* Work closely, and build effective relationships with the Production Strategic and Tactical Procurement Teams and consider them as a key stakeholder in supply chain decisions
To fulfil these requirements of the Senior Strategic Buyer, you must have the following skills/experience;
* Professional qualification in purchasing or supply chain such as CIPS or a relevant business degree
* HND or HNC in engineering or supply chain or a procurement-related discipline is desired
* Experience working within a manufacturing/engineering environment
* Technical competence in electronics and mechanical components would be an advantage but not essential
* Proven procurement experience implementing projects and supporting new business opportunities
* Experience and knowledge of using ERP/MRP systems
* Proven use and command of Microsoft Office tools
* Experience in sourcing low-cost offshore economies would be beneficial but not essential
* Strong demonstrable commercial skills and awareness
* Excellent supplier relationship skills and negotiating skills
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written and able to communicate at all levels of the organisation
* Ability to forge strong internal relationships and experienced at Stakeholder Management
* Possess a clean driving license as traveling to suppliers would be an essential requirement
* Open to occasional travel
If you are a Senior Strategic Buyer interested in working for a global, innovative aerospace and defence manufacturer that offers long-term progression into purchasing management, CIPs training and development, long-term job security, flexible working and career progression this could be the role for you. To apply for the position of Senior Strategic Buyer please send a copy of your CV today