Job ID 1324754
Career Level Manager
Senior Support Worker / Team Leader – Elderly care – £27k to £28k + excellent benefits
This is an opportunity for an experience Senior Support Worker / Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader to join a beautiful and historic company in the centre of the City of London. It is not only a home to some wonderful retired residents, who have a caring and friendly nature, but also has such a wealth of history and stunning facilities that are open to the general public. It is all set in lovely English Country gardens, historic buildings, its own chapel and really friendly and caring staff. The Senior Support Worker / Care Assistant / Team Leader is a rare opportunity, which many people have wanted to join. You will become part of a unique community and have the chance to work with some wonderful people in a beautiful setting.
* £27k to £28k + excellent benefits + optional overtime
* City of London
* Permanent, full-time
* This will be on a rolling rota over 3 weeks.
* Hours: Will be on an 8-week rolling rota which will include 3 full weekends out of 8 and one Sunday morning every 8 weeks. Shifts include; 7:30am to 3:00pm, 2:30pm to 9:30pm, 8:00am to 8:00pm at weekends and occasionaly in the week when needed. You will also need to be able to do some night shifts as well to cover.
* Must have at least 2 years in a Senior / Leader / Managerial type role, in a similar setting
* A minimum of 6 months experience in an elderly care home, including dementia care.
* Have a good awareness of CQC regulations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Friendly, approachable and assertive, with a caring and flexible approachable
* Knowledge of basic care and support
* Must be fully vaccinated against Covid
* Must have right to work in UK, and live in the UK
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
* To be responsible for the admission of residents, their initial and continuing assessment by completing the relevant documentation and maintaining records and care plans.
* To delegate duties to staff and supervise resident care plans, ensuring that they are reviewed and updated regularly.
* To ensure the correct procedure is followed for ordering and administrating medications safely.
* To undertake quality audits-health and safety, quality and financial.
* To make regular orders and keep records.
* To liaise and communicate with other professionals ensuring a holistic approach to resident care.
* To oversee residents diet and menu to ensure that this is nutritionally balanced
* To assist in the induction of new staff and training as required including NVQs