Career Level Manager
My client is a World Leading Construction Company.
They are currently seeking to employ on a permanent basis, Site Engineers and Section / Senior Engineers for a circa £1 Billion project to construct a major HS2 Station in North West London.
The completed station will include six underground platforms and up to eight platforms on the adjacent Great Western Main Line. It will also provide high speed rail services to the Midlands, central London, Scotland and the North, as well as direct services to three major airports.
This is a permanent position and my client is ideally looking for individuals ideally with 3+ years’ experience of working on large scale civil engineering projects.
Those with a background in temporary works coordination or design would be of particular interest although this is not essential for the role.
*A mobility allowance of circa £12k is available for those individuals residing beyond a commutable distance from the projects location (subject to status).
* Allocate tasks to Assistant Site Engineers and supervise the task completion.
* Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
* Oversee engineering requirements demanded in the delivery of a section of work or on larger projects, of a subcontractor, to meet the construction programme.
* Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
Develop and Approve relevant procedures specific to their area of works.
* In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office based works.
* Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
* Ensure Site Engineers complete setting out in accordance with design.
* Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
* Liaise with other Section Engineers/Foremen to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
* Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
* Previous experience as a Site/Section Engineer is essential
* My client is ideally seeking those with a solid background in Civil Engineering, specifically exposure to large scale earthworks, structures, highways, drainage etc.
* Degree qualified and working towards institute membership (ICE)
* Experience in heavy structures is extremely advantageous
Competitive basic salary
Company Pension Scheme
Holidays to include Bank Holidays
Progression and training opportunities
Lodge allowance (subject to status)