Job ID 1263731
Career Level Manager
One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Tutor. This is a temporary contract for 4 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Teaching duties, including initial assessment of students, identifying individual learning needs, and referring to learning support as appropriate, and to give tutorials and learner induction.
* Planning for teaching and learning, including preparing course outlines and producing schemes of work and lesson plans; ensuring the course file is up-to-date; identify materials and equipment resource needed for teaching and learning; and production of appropriate learning materials as necessary.
* Ensuring there is a complete, accurate and up-to-date class register(s), including responsibility for withdrawing and transferring students in liaison with Curriculum Team Leader / Manager. Maintaining high levels of student retention, achievement and to support student progression. Monitoring of student attendance and punctuality and taking appropriate action as required.
* Ensuring that the progress and achievement of learners is recognised and recorded – including making sure that all students have appropriate individual learning plans; and the marking of students work. To provide progression, retention, and achievement information to Curriculum Team Leader / Manager.
* To undertake, in consultation with the Curriculum Team Leader / Manager, work required for the accreditation of courses and for the effective organisation of examinations and assessments. To undertake the assessment and recording of learner outcomes including completion of exam entry forms.
* To comply with safeguarding requirements, including Health & Safety regulations and, in particular, be familiar with the procedure to be adopted in case of fire and risk assessment of learning activity in the learning environment.
* To observe and actively promote equal opportunities policies in the classroom, in the syllabus and learning materials and in all relationships with the service.
* To ensure the security of both the classroom and any equipment borrowed or used within the classroom.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd