Career Level Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a Unix Systems Coordinator to be working onsite with an International Investment Bank.
This role is focused on the migrations/upgrades of the banks systems and is looking for an experienced individual who can help coordinate and implement the changes in their infrastructure.
This position will be suited to someone who comes from a Unix Administration background, with strong stakeholder management, organisational and communication skills.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
* Provide project resourcing to manage relocations of workloads within the EMEA server estate
* Co-ordinate and arrange migrations with business stakeholders
* Represent project and work items in change management process
* Midweek preparatory work for server relocations
* Weekend relocations of hardware as part of estate rationalisation programs
* Generate project status reports and provide updates to management on progress
Skills & Experience Required:
* Minimum 5 years production support experience of Redhat Linux & VMWare
* Detailed working knowledge of Linux Redhat versions 7,6,5
* Strong Veritas Foundation Suite (VCS, VxVM) skills
* Knowledge of VMWare 6.x
* Knowledge of Cisco UCS, Oracle, HP & IBM hardware
* Strong project management skills
* Strong demonstrated experience with project based work
* Working knowledge of Networking concepts
* Working knowledge of Security/Authentication systems – Kerberos
* Good understanding of LDAP, DNS, NIS