Job ID 1324494
Career Level Manager
Locations: Birmingham, Hastings, Leeds, London
Salary: London £35,403, National £31,349
This role sits in the Department for Transport’s (DfT) as Digital, Information and Security (DIS) Directorate which provides advice and services primarily to our ministerial department.
In recent years DIS has implemented a range of innovative services, using the latest technology and methods. All of our services are cloud-hosted, with high user satisfaction rates. We are proud of what we have achieved and as we continue to develop and grow, you can too.
Since the establishment of DIS, demand for user research has increased. We wish to recruit a permanent User Researcher.
If you would like to join a growing, passionate and talented team that helps move Britain forward then we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for a User Researcher, with the drive and passion to make a real difference to help build and help shape our society’s future. This role links directly to our mission of being ‘Better Everyday’ and delivering ‘Service Excellence’ and our strategic priority to ‘Improve Transport for the User’.
We’ll help you to reach your full potential, offering rewarding and challenging opportunities, alongside access to the latest training and technologies.
At DfT, we recognise that everyone has different needs and aspirations. We have created an inclusive and welcoming working environment so you can feel comfortable to be yourself at work.
The purpose of the role is to:
* Conduct research that provides the evidence to support decision making to protect the delivery of user value and avoid re-work.
* Help teams understand what users need, so they can deliver services that meet the user needs and DfT’s goals.
* Support agile working by being a key part of the iterative cycle that regularly inspects the value of product increments and adapts to ensure goals are met.
Reporting to the Head of User research, the post holder’s responsibilities will include:
* Conducting user research and analysis to create and iterate digital services and products for citizens and businesses. This will include planned portfolio work (50%) as well as pre-discovery work to support the Digital Business Partners (50%).
* Producing and communicating actionable, evidence-based user insights and recommendations to inform business, technology and design decisions.
* Working collaboratively throughout a project to instil user awareness and develop user-centric skills among team members.
* Contribute to initiatives and processes to increase the maturity of the research practice and advocate for effective and ethical user research. This will include contributing to the insight library and metrics which demonstrate the impact of research.
* Contribute to a cohesive User Research community that will discuss methods, best practice and identify areas for improvement.
In return, we can offer you:
* access to new and emerging technologies
* varied projects developed in a cloud-first environment.
* support and investment to further your training and development.
* flexible and hybrid working supporting a healthy work-life balance.
* industry-leading pension and employee benefits package