Career Level Manager
Job Title Warehouse Assistant
Line Manager Team Leader
Contract Term Permanent
Executive Reporting Line Manager Warehouse Manager
Contracted Hours Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm This equates to a 40 hour working week. A high degree of flexibility is required in order to meet business needs
Overall objective of Role
As a member of the Warehouse team, the role of Warehouse Assistant is expected to provide cover for the various functions within the department as the business requires.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the business, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our customer base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING AND CARRYING OF BOXES & MATERIALS.
* All Warehouse Teams
* All Speciality Drinks Employees
* The Whisky Exchange.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities – These are varied, subject to change and may include:-
* Receiving in deliveries
* Checking deliveries
* Moving stock- put away and shelf filling
* Stock counting
* Picking orders
* Packing orders
* Housekeeping – keeping the work place clean and tidy
* Maintaining the security of the warehouse
* Observing all in-house rules
* Working off-site/assisting delivery drivers.
it is the responsibility of the warehouse team to ensure the security of the building at all times, specifically:
* To ensure all visitors/drivers are supervised at all times while on company property and the warehouse is never left unattended at any time while the security shutter is open.
* Ensure doors are properly closed after use.
Company breakages policy
* You are responsible to pay for breakages that you make that are deemed not to be accidental or avoidable.
Key skills and Knowledge
* Highly organised and good attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of stock handling / warehousing
* Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
* Work well as part of a team
* High level of numeracy
* Excellent planning skills in order to meet required deadlines, ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
* Self- motivated
* Flexible, reliable and hardworking.
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee and to meet our safety standards:
* Manual handling
* Vocal point training
* Using a tape gun