Job ID 1261159
Career Level Manager
Flexible People Ltd are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operations Manager to work for a catering and janitorial goods supplier based in Chessington.
The company supply catering equipment such as glassware, front of house equipment and janitorial equipment such as essential cleaning products.
The responsabilities the Warehouse Operations Manager will be taking on will be;
– Deliver Warehouse function within budgetary framework delivering KPI's.
– Own and develop the warehouse process. Identify inefficiencies and work to develp better ways of working including improved warehouse layout, working in shifts and leveraging IT systems. Identify solutions to issues rather than paper over cracks
– Manage team of two Supervisors, Logistics Manager and Stock Manager. Delegate tasks clearly so all team members understand their role to play in delivering an excellent warehouse function
– Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines, deploying manpower correctly to align with workloads
– Ultimately, manage the flow of goods into the warehouse and out to customers in a timely and efficient fashion with an ever-improving team
– Identify inefficiencies and proactively work to develop better ways of working including improved warehouse layout and working in shifts. Identify solutions to issues rather than paper over cracks.
– Utilise ERP system to drive efficiencies across the supply chain including efficient deliveries and bar code stock control
– The Warehouse Operations Manager will be core to stakeholder communications. As an SME, our size is one of our strengths and cross functional collaboration is vital. Principle stakeholders will be Purchasing and Sales.
– Purchasing – take advantage of bulk purchase opportunities, reducing costs. Leverage Merlin system to understand stock holding on an ongoing basis resulting in optimum levels.
– Sales – ensure customer service is at the heart of all we do, working closely with the sales teams to deliver flexibility with a framework and targeting 100% OTIF deliveries
– Manage the warehouse team, developing them and their roles whilst adhering to sensible working hours, FTE and budgetary framework. The Warehouse Operations Manager will directly manage four FTE’s but will also challenge all the warehouse team to improved performances, flexibly working together. The 4 main reports roles are –
– Logistics Manager – Previous WH Manager so extremely experienced. Ensure vehicles have an optimum number of daily drops, carrying maximum stock. Leverage Merlin functionality to make this exercise as automated as possible. Live and breathe “flexibility in a framework” to ensure we deliver superior customer service at a competitive cost
– Supervisors (two) – assign tasks leading to clear roles and deliverable tasks. Supervisors have several reports (e.g., pickers and preparing courier deliveries) and they need to delegate to ensure the daily critical path is met with timely delivery of accurate picking for upcoming deliveries
– Stock Manager – work closely with Purchasing and own the receipting of goods so all newly arrived stock is checked and out away correctly by the GI team. Relentlessly review stock discrepancies to understand reasons and to fix any issues at the source. Undertake perpetual stock counts and annual full count. Utilise Merlin to identify slow moving stock items and highlight to sales team for clearance
– Promotes and enforces Health & Safety in the workplace and is responsible for ensuring all legal requirements are in place and regulated.
– Responsible for the development and training of your managers through coaching and external development programmes.
The requirements the company are looking for in the right candidate are;
* Previous experience in a Warehouse Management role
* Ability to step back from a situation, review and analyse the deficiencies and work on action plans to improve and develop processes – relentless focus on re-engineering inefficient business processes
* Exceptional organization skills, able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads, and meet deadlines
* Focussed to deliver exceptional customer service
* Great people skills – identify stars and develop skillsets
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and other applicable systems
* Proactive, self-motivated, willing to learn and adapt
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Team player and ability to work independently
Ideally have a forklift & drivers’ licence
The company are offering a thirteen week temporary to permanent role. The salary for the right candidate to be the Warehouse Operations Manager will be £30,000 per anum.
We are currently offering an incentive that after passing the three months initial probatory period succesfully, there will be an allocated pay increase to £35,000 per anum.
Interviews will be conducted in Chessington for this role, please apply with your CV a member of our team will give you a call.
Please note that by applying for the role advertised you are consenting to your details being stored on our secure database